Part of the plant: leaves
Bag of : 20 gr
About the plant :
The Monarda is a plant that makes large red, pink flowers. It is the botanist Nicolas Monardes who gave its name to this plant. It was known to the Amerindians because they used it for hair care and herbal tea for its diuretic, stimulating and antiseptic virtues. Called «red tea», it was used before the ceremonies, for sweat huts for a good elimination because it stimulates perspiration.
For your information :
Here are some properties of Monarda:
- Monarda has digestive and appetite-stimulating properties.
- It treats bloating, flatulence and intestinal cramps.
- It is traditionally used in gargling, for mouth infections.
- Because it contains a large amount of thymol, the Monarch can be used as an antiseptic.
- It stimulates perspiration and helps regulate body temperature.
- Its powerful aromatic molecules give it excellent disinfectant power.
- The plant also seems to tone the brain circulation, which makes it interesting for cognitive or tinnitus problems due to poor circulation.
The dried leaves are used to prepare herbal teas, aperitifs with white wine for example or syrup. The Monarch is also used to flavour salts and vinaigrettes.
Product from organic farming certified byFR BIO 10 - Agriculture France
Plant for food use
Therapeutic use of plants on medical advice.