Basil essential oil Organic
Organic Basil essential oil
Origin : India
Distilled part : Flower and leaves
Main components : Methylchavicol, linalol
About the plant :
It comes from the Greek «basilikon», «I feel» and would be a royal plant (basilicum comes from basilikos and means «royal»). It was cultivated in India 4,000 years ago and was dedicated to Krishna. Considered a sacred plant, see «magic» it was used in the process of mummification in Egyptians thanks to its anti-bacterial and conservation properties. In herbal tea, the leaves were recommended against nausea, flatulence and dysentery.
It takes about 10 kg of basil to obtain 10 ml of essential oil.
At Arôma'plantes :
For your information :
Here is a few properties of Basil essential oil:
- It helps to treat muscle spasms and regulates the nervous system.
- Calming, it acts on stomach pain and digestive disorders .
- She’s a venous decongestant .
- It is recommended in case of convalescence.
- It stimulates the nervous system, as in baby blues after delivery. ( see recipe )
All properties described here are from the bibliography and are provided for information purposes and should not be interpreted as medical prescriptions.
The recipe :
In a 10 ml bottle with a dropper, mix:
- 10 drops of Chamomile essential oil
- 20 drops of Marjoram essential oil
- 10 drops of Basil essential oil
- 10 ml of Sweet Almond vegetable oil
Apply 8 drops of this mixture in massage along the spine, on the solar plexus and on the inner side of the wrists 2 times a day until improvement.
Recipe from "Ma bible des huiles essentielles" de Danièle Festy.
Based on the bibliography :
Ma bible des huiles essentielles, Danièle Festy
Les propriétés physiques et psychiques des huiles essentielles, Dr Paul Dupont
Huiles essentielles chémotypées, A. Zhiri, D. Baudoux, M.L. Breda
Basil essential oil can be dermocaustic. Avoid in children under 6 years of age and pregnant women.
Product from organic farming certified by FR BIO 10 - Agriculture hors UE
Essential oil for food use
Therapeutic use of essential oils on medical advice .