Myrrh Essential oil Organic
Origin : Somalia
Distilled part : Resin
Main components : Curzerene, furanoeudesma-1,3-diene, lindestrene
About the plant :
Myrrh is an aromatic gum-resin produced by the myrrh tree. The history of myrrh is as ancient as that of incense. For the Hebrews, it is one of the main components of a holy anointing oil. As such, it is one of the gifts brought to Jesus by the Magi.
For your information :
Here is a few properties of Myrrh essential oil:
- Myrrh essential oil is used to naturally treat oral, digestive and joint pain.
- Its woody fragrance, quite close to incense, is known to dispel nervous tensions.
- Viscous in nature because it is obtained by distillation of the resin, it has very interesting properties to relieve pain and helps fight infections.
- Thanks to its stimulation of the healing process, it is particularly indicated in skin problems.
- Applied to damaged areas, it can treat oral wounds and infections.
- It is effective against sore throat and oily cough.
- It is recommended in case of fatigue and flu conditions.
- It would also inhibit sexual desires thanks to its calming virtues.
All properties described here are from the bibliography and are provided for information purposes and should not be interpreted as medical prescriptions.
Based on the bibliography :
Ma bible des huiles essentielles, Danièle Festy
Les propriétés physiques et psychiques des huiles essentielles, Dr Paul Dupont
Huiles essentielles chémotypées, A. Zhiri, D. Baudoux, M.L. Breda
Product from organic farming certified by FR BIO 10 - Agriculture hors UE
Essential oil for food use
Therapeutic use of essential oils on medical advice .