Part of the plant: leaves
Bag of : 20 gr
About the plant :
Melissa is a plant native to the eastern Mediterranean basin (Turkey) and found in all temperate climates of the planet. Its use, as a medicinal plant, dates back to Theophrastus and Hippocrates, in ancient Greece. At the time, it was already recognized its benefits to calm anxious people and calm nervous disorders. The Arabs used it as antispasmodic and the Europeans as digestive, calming and antiviral treatment.
For your information :
Here are some properties of Melissa :
- Melissa is traditionally used against viral outbreaks, headaches, intestinal gas, mood disorders and nausea.
- Today, Melissa is mainly used for sleep problems, nervous states and to relieve stomach problems.
- An infusion of Melissa can also soothe menstrual pain and help relieve premenstrual syndrome.
- Externally, it fights infections such as cold sores, minor injuries and helps relaxation of muscles and nerves tense.
- It is also invigorating and stimulating of the epidermis.
The young leaves are delicious mixed with lettuce or grated carrots. Melissa perfumes poultry, mushrooms, soups, stuffing. White meat and fish. It is used in pastries, cakes and entremets based on Orange or Lemon.
Product from organic farming certified byFR BIO 10 - Agriculture France
Plant for food use
Therapeutic use of plants on medical advice.