Monarda Essential oil Organic
Origin : Aroma'Plantes
Distilled part : flowers
Main components :Geraniol
About the plant :
The Monarda is a plant that makes large red, pink flowers. The botanist Nicolas Monardes gave its name to this plant. It was known to the Amerindians because they used it for hair care and tea for its diuretic, stimulating and antiseptic virtues. Called «red tea», it was used before the ceremonies, for sweat huts for good elimination because it stimulates perspiration.
For your information :
Here is a few properties of Monarda essential oil:
- This oil effectively fights bacteria and fungi.
- Digestive, it stimulates the appetite, but is especially effective in case of bloating, digestive disorders.
- It helps to regulate the intestinal flora, reduces gas, flatulence and calms digestive cramps.
- Composed of about 90% geraniol, it is very well tolerated by the skin especially in case of eczema.
- It is stimulating of the mind, tones the brain function.
- It is an energizing oil, which helps reduce fatigue.
All properties described here are from the bibliography and are provided for information purposes and should not be interpreted as medical prescriptions.
Based on the bibliography :
Ma bible des huiles essentielles, Danièle Festy
Les propriétés physiques et psychiques des huiles essentielles, Dr Paul Dupont
Huiles essentielles chémotypées, A. Zhiri, D. Baudoux, M.L. Breda
Product from organic farming certified by FR BIO 10 - Agriculture hors UE
Essential oil for food use
Therapeutic use of essential oils on medical advice .