No products in the cart.
Part of the plant: flowers
Bag of : 45 gr
About the plant :
Lavender is native to the Western Mediterranean basin. Ancient Romans used it to perfume baths and linen. In the twelfth century, St Hildegard of Bingen gave him a place of choice in his natural pharmacopoeia and it was cultivated in the monasteries for its therapeutic properties. Since the Middle Ages, lavender was used in Provence in the manufacture of medicines and perfumes.
For your information :
Here are some properties of Lavender :
- Little known in herbal tea, lavender is remarkable for fighting sleep disorders and anxiety.
- Antiseptic, it helps to digest better. Lavender is effective against headaches, dizziness and to relieve intestinal discomfort and intestinal gas.
- Lavender flowers are also indicated against urinary ailments and insufficient periods.
- Its decoction is used against sprains, strains, and skin ailments.
As a starter you can use a few sprigs with a salad or goat cheese. As a main course, with lamb, pork and even chicken. In desserts, the Lavender will perfectly accompany your ice creams, flans, burnt creams, your desserts based on peaches and apricots, and in a frosting for a cupcake for example.
RECETTE : LAVENDER FLOWER MOUSSE
-1l of single cream
-1 teaspoon shaved with organic lavender flowers
- 6 food gelatin leaves or 5 g agar
- 200 g Of brown sugar powder
Dissolve the gelatin in a little water with the lavender flowers and sugar for 15 minutes. Beat the cream until firm whipped. Mix the whipped cream with the water, flowers and sugar, mix well. Fill small cups, put in the refrigerator. At the time of serving add 2 grains of Lavender in decoration on each cup. This mousse can be served with liquid honey or fruit coulis. Bon appétit !
Product from organic farming certified byFR BIO 10 - Agriculture France
Plant for food use
Therapeutic use of plants on medical advice.